Girl Scout Events
We are in the process of revising our programs for Girl Scouts to align with the Leadership Journey Program. Please visit again later in the spring for information about out programs for Brownies and Junior Girl Scouts or telephone Amada Groff at 812-415-2406 x 226 for details.
BROWNIE GIRL SCOUTS
JUNIOR GIRL SCOUTS
TEEN GIRL SCOUTS
All programs are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met. If the workshop you wish to attend has been filled, you may ask to be put on a waiting list in case space becomes available.
THIS INFORMATION UPDATED June 26, 2012
For the most up to date availability please call Mitch Luman at (812) 425-2406 ext. 227.
Registration availability listed above does not include adults.
$16 per Girl
$2 per Adult
$11 per Girl
No fee for Adults
- The deadline for registration is two weeks before the scheduled date.
- Payment must be received on or before the registration deadline.
- Registration is complete only after we receive payment and you receive a confirmation letter.
- Refunds will only be issued prior to our two-week deadline. Additional girls may be admitted after the two-week deadline, at the staff's discretion, provided there are still spots available.
- Space is limited for workshops, and they are filled on a first-received basis following the guidelines above.
- A ratio of one adult for every six girls is recommended. Due to limited space, we ask that each troop restrict the number of adults to four per troop.
- Programs are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met. In the event that a workshop or Space Night is canceled by the Museum, troop leaders will be notified and registration fees will be refunded, even if the two-week deadline has passed.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ABOUT THE BADGES?
The National Girl Scouting Organization has discontinued the badges that were previously offered for Space Explorer and Sky Search. While we still offer the programs as our Space Nights, we are no longer able to provide the badges. Check your local Girl Scout Office for availability.
WHEN SHOULD WE ARRIVE?
If you are attending our daytime workshops, we ask all troops to arrive at the Museum 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled workshop. For our Space Night programs, we ask all troops to arrive at the Museum 15-20 minutes prior to the scheduled event. The Evansville area is in the Central Time Zone and observes Daylight Savings Time.
DO WE NEED TO EAT BEFOREHAND?
The Museum will provide a small snack ONLY for our Space Night programs.
MAY I GET A REFUND OR MAKE CHANGES TO MY RESERVATION?
Changes to your reservation may be made prior to our two-week deadline. No refunds will be made after the deadline.
DO ADULTS HAVE TO PAY?
If you are attending one of our Space Nights, there is a $2 charge for each adult.
WHAT DO WE NEED TO BRING?
All materials are provided by the Museum for both our daytime workshops and Space Nights. We do recommend that those who are attending our Space Night programs bring a coat or jacket, as there will be an opportunity for outdoor stargazing, weather permitting. Also, our workshops can be messy, so play clothes are recommended.
WILL WE HAVE FREE TIME?
Free time to explore the Museum is scheduled during our Space Night events.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know by emailing Mitch Luman .
Our Space Night programs feature age-appropriate, hands-on learning activities coupled with a planetarium show and telescopic observing of the night sky, weather permitting. Scouts can earn either the Space Explorer Brownie Try-It, Junior Sky Search badge, or Teen Space Exploration Interest Project patch while participating in space-related activities. Participants also get to have an opportunity to explore our Museum and enjoy an evening snack. Troops may wish to eat a light supper before arriving at the Museum. Please bring a jacket if the weather calls for it!
Space is limited so reserve a spot for your troop now! (Maximum Capacity for Space Night is 30 Brownies and 30 Juniors.)
Reservations are accepted on a first-received basis.
Our Girl Scout program brochures are mailed out at the beginning of each season.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email Mitch Luman .